Monday, November 6, 2017

Amsterdam - Bikes, Bikes, Bikes...

Yes there really are a lot of bikes in Amsterdam, and I'm thoroughly enjoying that the Dutch are avid bike riders. Amsterdam is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the world - there are more than 881,000 bicycles, 4x the number of cars. I've never riden a bike like this in the states.


I wish LA (and most major cities in the states) would take notes to promote more bike riding - I think it'll help with the insane traffic problem - not to mention help do away with our excessive dependance on foreign oil & ridiculous pipelines.
It's a brisk 12C/53F, with intermitent light rain, so it's tempting to stay inside but I'm making myself get out to make sure I take full advantage of being here for the first time 

No comments:

Post a Comment