Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Costa Rica - Soooo Much More Than Rainforest


Costa Rica was my 3rd international trip in 2007 and it didn't disappoint. As I'm reminiscing and preparing for this next chapter in my life this trip definitely reminds me of the simpler things in life that I want to recapture. I'm so glad that there are still countries on this planet that cherish and protect the natural habitat.


Out of all of the thousands of pictures I've taken during my travels this is my absolute favorite. Just a random Toucan hangin' out in the rainforest. I've never seen anything so majestically organic. This was my first trip not using disposable cameras and I'm glad I invested in a digital camera :)






Beautiful Botanical Gardens - free to get in







I have no idea what I'm pointing at





I usually prefer to plan my trips as 'local' and organic as possible. This trip was a little different - even though I stayed at an all-inclusive resort with restaurants in the pool, and gained at least 15 lbs, it was worth every bite of Casado! I even stopped at a hut along the side of the road and enjoyed some homemade Casado while catching the football (soccer) game of the World Cup qualifiers.








Just a random pair of ox - I can't believe it!




I haven't ziplined yet but I did enjoy the Aerial Tram Pacific which provided spectacular views of the rainforest.




I traveled several hours to see the Arenal Volcano and when I got there it was raining and foggy so I didn't get to see it.Talk about a disappointment, but it's all part of the journey so I made the most of it and relaxed in and enjoyed the gorgeous views from the Baldi Hot Springs at the base of the volcano. 



La Paz waterfall was definitely a highlight






Well those are the highlights from my time in Costa Rica. I definitely see why people do as I'm doing and sell everything to experience a simpler life. 

#LifeIsAJourney
Off to my next journey... 

Be sure to visit me on Instagram  Facebook  Blog  GoFundMe

No comments:

Post a Comment