Monday, August 14, 2017

Wheels up! And so it begins...



Wheels up! And so it begins...

Headed to my first stop, Parícutin volcano in Michoacán, Mexico, on this 40 country/6 continent backpacking 'world tour' to finish my life-long Bucket List of seeing all the remaining Wonders of the World I haven't seen. I can't believe I fit the next 5 months of my life into a 60l backpack. I've received so much love, support, & words of encouragement - I've always been somewhat of a private person but for some reason feel the need to share this journey.

It has been an emotionally heavy week to say the least with the passing of my grandmother. I was conflicted about leaving on this new journey before the funeral, but got my Aunt's blessing who said that I'd already said my goodbye and I need to continue with my original plan.






When I was packing up my grandmother's things, after the funeral home picked her up, I saw she had her Bible open on the nightstand with her magnifying glass. It made me smile a little to know she was talking to God right up to the end. 

As a kid I never understood how someone could live their entire life in a tiny country city like Bastrop, La but now I get it. She'd perfected 'keeping it simple' & appreciated the little things in life. As I reflect on all of my visits with her I don't ever remember her complaining about anything. That's exactly what I want during this new journey on my 'world tour'. 

Life is a journey. On to the next journey...

Be sure to visit me on Instagram  Facebook  Blog  GoFundMe

#EnjoyingTheJourney #WorldTour #WondersOfTheWorld


No comments:

Post a Comment